Announcement of an open position: Full Professor (tenured) of Dependable Systems
The goal is to maintain the leading role of this institute in the international domain of dependable embedded-systems research in the next decades.
The Faculty of Informatics is one of eight faculties at the Vienna University of Technology (TU Vienna). The TU Vienna is among the most successful technical universities in Europe and it is Austria’s largest scientific-technical research and educational institution. The Faculty of Informatics plays an active role in national and international research and has an excellent reputation. The main areas of research include Computational Intelligence, Computer Engineering, Distributed and Parallel Systems, Media Informatics and Visual Computing as well as Business Informatics.
The open position and its research group are affiliated with the Institute of Computer Engineering. The professor is expected to maintain the leading role of this institute in the international domain of dependable embedded-systems research in the next decades. The professorship becomes vacant on the retirement of the present holder, Professor H. Kopetz, on 30 September 2011.
The successful candidate will have an outstanding research record in the field of dependable embedded systems, with expertise in at least two of the following sub-fields:
- Distributed systems
- Real-time systems
- Design and programming languages
- Safety and security
Besides research, the duties of a full professor at the Vienna University of Technology include teaching (in English or German) graduate and undergraduate courses of the informatics curricula and contributing to the management of the institute and the faculty.
Applicants are expected to have the following qualifications
- PhD or doctoral degree.
- Post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution.
- An outstanding research and publication record.
- An excellent reputation as an active member of the international scientific community.
- Experience in acquisition and management of major research projects.
- Didactic skills and leadership abilities.
- Experience in university teaching.
Additional industrial experience and/or collaborations are considered advantageous.
The Faculty of Informatics offeres
- Excellent working conditions in an attractive research environment.
- An attractive salary, associated with a retirement fund.
- Additional financial research support during the first years (equipment etc.)
- Support for relocation to Vienna (if required).
- A position in a city with an exceptional high quality of living.
The Vienna University of Technology is committed to increase female employment in leading scientific positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given when equally qualified. People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply.
Applications have to include
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- A list of publications,
- Copies of the applicant’s five most important publications related to the position.
- A positioning statement, describing the applicant’s vision on how to position and advance the field within the Faculty of Informatics in the areas of research and teaching.
Applications should be sent to the Dean of the Faculty of Informatics (Prof. Dr. Gerald Steinhardt), Getreidemarkt 9/E 180, A-1060 Vienna, Austria. The application package should also be sent in digital form (a single PDF on a CD-ROM).
NOTE (as of September 23rd 2010) Please note that the above mentioned Faculty address has changed in the meantime. The new address is: Erzherzog-Johann-Platz 1/180, A-1040 Vienna, Austria. No matter which address you use/d, your application will surely reach us.
Application Deadline: September 30th, 2010.
Note: This is one of the thousands of items we imported from the old website. We’re in the process of reviewing each and every one, but if you notice something strange about this particular one, please let us know. — Thanks!