MSc Visual Computing
In the master program Visual Computing, you are dealing with the acquisition, representation, processing, analysis, synthesis and use of visual information, ie images and image sequences in temporal and spatial (three-dimensional) context.
- Duration: 4 Semesters
- ECTS Worth: 120
- Degree: Dipl.-Ing. (i.e., MSc)
- Language: English
- Curriculum: PDF / Courses
Diese Seite in Deutsch.
What are the contents of the program?
The term visual computing has evolved from the methodological convergence of the fields of image processing, computer vision, computer graphics, visualization and human-machine interaction, and also encompasses new areas such as augmented and virtual reality and machine learning as fundamental technologies.
Which qualifications do I acquire?
The master program Visual Computing teaches in-depth, scientifically and methodically high-quality education geared to lasting knowledge. Among other things, they are capable of independently planning and implementing innovative solutions, assuming management tasks in IT projects, and conducting research in the academic and industrial environment. The acquired knowledge enables you to competently use state-of-the-art analysis and modeling methods. In addition, you can develop creative solutions for challenging, interdisciplinary development tasks in scientific and application-oriented research. Among the technical and methodical competencies are u.a. Image acquisition, analysis and synthesis, visual analytics and visual data science, augmented / mixed / virtual reality and human-machine interaction.
You develop important cognitive and personal competences, through which you can think flexibly and interdisciplinary, work goal-oriented and methodically, deal professionally with technologies and software and precisely document and present them. In the course of your studies you will acquire methods and strategies to strengthen your self-organization and self-responsibility as well as your individual creativity and innovation potential. You train leadership skills in complex environments and learn to think in a critical and ethical way.
What can I do with my degree?
As a graduate, you will be able to develop sophisticated problem solutions in innovation-driven industries such as entertainment, medical, robotics or machine vision. You are internationally competitive for a further qualification in the context of a relevant doctoral program, but also for your work in the business world.
Possible occupational fields can be found in all areas of production and service companies, where sophisticated and innovative problem solutions are required, in which images are produced or analyzed by computer. These include: entertainment industry, virtual engineering, industrial production, robotics and machine vision, medicine, security and criminology, information and telecommunication systems, creation and automated evaluation of images in (micro-) biology, physics, weather forecast, climate impact research, archaeology, geodesy, metallurgy, cartography and art, culture and heritage
You are deeply immersed in a rich environment full of exciting ideas and interesting challenges that foster your talents and provide new experiences:
- Participate in our student mobility programs! International exchange is in our DNA. Meet students, researchers, and lecturers from all over the world, participate in Erasmus, and join our double degree programs during your Masters.
- Come for the Master; stay for the Doctorate! A master’s degree is the ideal preparation for a doctorate at the TU Wien Informatics Doctoral School. And we are always looking for excellent candidates for open positions in the scientific field.
- Get to know the people and research! We are proud of the distinguished scholars and researchers who make up our diverse faculty. Find out who they are, what projects our research units are working on, and stay in touch through our newsroom and social media channels.
- Enjoy Vienna! Our campus is located directly in the heart of Vienna. Besides Vienna ranking as the city with the highest quality of life and TU Wien Informatics in the Global Top 15% in Computer Science, there are numerous more reasons why you should study with us.
You’re more than just a number when you study with us. Be part of TU Wien Informatics!