MSc Software Engineering and Internet Computing
In Software Engineering and Internet Computing you will focus on software development for distributed systems, mobile computing, Internet security and electronic payment as essential technological prerequisites for a virtual Internet business location.
- Duration: 4 Semesters
- ECTS Worth: 120
- Degree: Dipl.-Ing. (i.e., MSc)
- Language: German
- Curriculum: PDF / Courses
Diese Seite in Deutsch.
What are the contents of the program?
Software engineering deals with the development of software from analysis through design and implementation to commissioning and maintenance; essential accompanying measures are quality assurance, project and risk management. Internet Computing deals with globally distributed information processing. Both areas are based on scientific principles and methods. The specific topics are Software engineering and architecture, system software, Internet computing, security and privacy, distributed systems and networking as well as formal methods, theory and project management. The elective course module allows you to choose research areas in which you want to advance and deepen your knowledge.
Specialization in Security and Privacy
With the specialization in Security and Privacy we recognize the importance of this field in the digital society. It offers you the opportunity to deepen your knowledge in various topics, such as system security, network security, cryptography, formal methods for security and privacy, and many more, acquiring the background required to become an IT Security specialist. If you accumulate at least 33 ECTS in the module “Advanced Security,” among which the “Seminar on Security,” you will receive a note in your Diploma Supplement, confirming your specialization in Security and Privacy.
Which qualifications do I acquire?
This master degree enables you to critically understand the theories and principles that enable you to develop highly specialized problem solving software architecture, systems software, Internet computing, or security. You will receive profound knowledge in computer languages, programming, distributed systems, algorithmics as well as economics and management. The learned methods and tools are used professionally for the analysis and the design of solutions, let you implement and verify software systems. In addition, you are firm in dealing with technologies, standards and software tools. Expertise in the English language allows you to understand, compose and present professional texts.
During your studies, you will acquire important social skills such as communication and presentation, decision-making responsibility, leadership in complex projects. Your design ability is strengthened and you promote your individual creativity and innovation potential.
What can I do with my degree?
As a graduate of this degree program, you are internationally competitive for further qualification in the context of a relevant doctoral program, but also for a career in academic or industrial basic research, in applied research and software development for industrial companies as well as in the areas of system analysis, software architecture and consulting. In general, you will have excellent qualifications for demanding or leading functions in business.
You are deeply immersed in a rich environment full of exciting ideas and interesting challenges that foster your talents and provide new experiences:
- Participate in our student mobility programs! International exchange is in our DNA. Meet students, researchers, and lecturers from all over the world, participate in Erasmus, and join our double degree programs during your Masters.
- Come for the Master; stay for the Doctorate! A master’s degree is the ideal preparation for a doctorate at the TU Wien Informatics Doctoral School. And we are always looking for excellent candidates for open positions in the scientific field.
- Get to know the people and research! We are proud of the distinguished scholars and researchers who make up our diverse faculty. Find out who they are, what projects our research units are working on, and stay in touch through our newsroom and social media channels.
- Enjoy Vienna! Our campus is located directly in the heart of Vienna. Besides Vienna ranking as the city with the highest quality of life and TU Wien Informatics in the Global Top 15% in Computer Science, there are numerous more reasons why you should study with us.
You’re more than just a number when you study with us. Be part of TU Wien Informatics!