MSc Logic and Computation
Logic and Computation is crucial for today’s infrastructure, industry, consumer products, etc. Formal methods in this field build the basis for tackling great challenges, such as storing and processing big amount of data, software verification for fail-safe software in critical environments, fast algorithms to solve computationally hard problems, etc.
- Duration: 4 Semesters
- ECTS Worth: 120
- Degree: Dipl.-Ing. (i.e., MSc)
- Language: English
- Curriculum: PDF / Courses
Diese Seite in Deutsch.
What are the contents of the program?
In this program, you will deal practically and theoretically with the current methods and technologies: In addition to algorithm analysis and machine learning, you will be intensively involved with optimization and inference methods for knowledge processing, answer-set programming and truth-maintenance systems. In addition, your knowledge in the areas of requirements engineering, software testing or high-performance computing will be expanded to a high level. You complete the given courses with free electives, which allow you to expand and deepen your personal research focus.
Which qualifications do I acquire?
The master program Logic and Computation provides you with in-depth, scientifically and methodologically high-quality education geared towards lasting knowledge.
During the course of your studies, you develop important cognitive and personal competencies that enable you to analyze and solve complex tasks based on formal, mathematical and logic-based methods. You can further develop formal mathematical methods, master problems with a scientifically sound approach, and have a logical-mathematical abstraction ability. Your decision-making and leadership skills are strengthened and you are capable of critical reflection on the status quo and your own actions.
What can I do with my degree?
The master program imparts knowledge that is scientifically and methodically at its highest level. The program prepares you for continuing your education and starting an academic career, especially for a PhD in this area, and a job in the industry. The areas of operations where our graduates are internationally competitive include fundamental research at universities or in the industry, applied science and development in industrial or scientific Spin-Offs in the areas of Formal Systems Engineering, Web and Semantic Systems, Logistic, Operations Research, and Telecommunication, and Analysis and Consulting in these areas.
After operational qualification, you will also be able to take leading positions. Based on the different requirements for these jobs, we do not only teach you the aforementioned expert knowledge, but also cognitive and practical skills (such as analysis of complex settings, scientifically proven methods, ability to think abstract, etc.) and social skill (such as communication skills, leadership competencies, critical reflection of the status-quo and your own action).
You are deeply immersed in a rich environment full of exciting ideas and interesting challenges that foster your talents and provide new experiences:
- Participate in our student mobility programs! International exchange is in our DNA. Meet students, researchers, and lecturers from all over the world, participate in Erasmus, and join our double degree programs during your Masters.
- Come for the Master; stay for the Doctorate! A master’s degree is the ideal preparation for a doctorate at the TU Wien Informatics Doctoral School. And we are always looking for excellent candidates for open positions in the scientific field.
- Get to know the people and research! We are proud of the distinguished scholars and researchers who make up our diverse faculty. Find out who they are, what projects our research units are working on, and stay in touch through our newsroom and social media channels.
- Enjoy Vienna! Our campus is located directly in the heart of Vienna. Besides Vienna ranking as the city with the highest quality of life and TU Wien Informatics in the Global Top 15% in Computer Science, there are numerous more reasons why you should study with us.
You’re more than just a number when you study with us. Be part of TU Wien Informatics!