MSc Medical Informatics
The combination of basic medical knowledge paired with scientific working methods and practice-oriented technical skills enables graduates to achieve innovative solutions in the area of computer science combined with a broad range of interdisciplinary professional training.
- Duration: 4 Semesters
- ECTS Worth: 120
- Degree: Dipl.-Ing. (i.e., MSc)
- Language: German
- Curriculum: PDF / Courses
Diese Seite in Deutsch.
What are the contents of the program?
In addition to the basics and methods of relevant computer science, you will study topics such as biosignal and image processing, bioinformatics, clinical medicine and aspects of organization and management in the clinical and health sector.
Which qualifications do I acquire?
You will receive well-founded, comprehensive capabilities in the areas of algorithms for data modeling, extraction, processing and analysis, biometrics and statistics as well as data protection and security. They master the basics and methods of computer simulation, biosignal and image processing, can visualize information and have an excellent understanding of medical and clinical processes.
Through hands-on experience with current technologies, methods, and tools (such as programming languages, development environments), you will be taught a range of cognitive skills, including analysis, design, and design, as well as the use of IT in the structuring and organization of medical processes. You can optimize work processes in diagnostics, therapy, medical documentation and have expertise in project and quality management. Knowledge in requirements engineering and specification / modeling complete your profile.
In addition, your analytical and solution-oriented thinking will be sharpened, your own initiative promoted and your social skills in the medical-scientific and industrial environment expanded.
What can I do with my degree?
As a graduate, you will be internationally competitive for a scientific career as well as for the following areas of application: business analysis and consulting in the health sector, information management/system integration, IT architecture, project and program management and software engineering.
You are deeply immersed in a rich environment full of exciting ideas and interesting challenges that foster your talents and provide new experiences:
- Participate in our student mobility programs! International exchange is in our DNA. Meet students, researchers, and lecturers from all over the world, participate in Erasmus, and join our double degree programs during your Masters.
- Come for the Master; stay for the Doctorate! A master’s degree is the ideal preparation for a doctorate at the TU Wien Informatics Doctoral School. And we are always looking for excellent candidates for open positions in the scientific field.
- Get to know the people and research! We are proud of the distinguished scholars and researchers who make up our diverse faculty. Find out who they are, what projects our research units are working on, and stay in touch through our newsroom and social media channels.
- Enjoy Vienna! Our campus is located directly in the heart of Vienna. Besides Vienna ranking as the city with the highest quality of life and TU Wien Informatics in the Global Top 15% in Computer Science, there are numerous more reasons why you should study with us.
You’re more than just a number when you study with us. Be part of TU Wien Informatics!