Two Assistant Professor Positions (Tenure Track) for Female Researchers
We invite applications for two positions of an Assistant Professor until March 8, 2020. The estimated starting date is in October 2020.
As part of a special measure towards increasing female employment in scientific positions and promoting young researchers, the Faculty of Informatics at the TU Wien invites applications for two full time Assistant Professor positions (tenure track) for women.
PDF / 7.7 MB / job-01201.pdf
The candidates should have an excellent research record, experience in working with industry, relevant postdoctoral experience, and a compelling research vision. We are particularly interested in candidates working in areas that will complement our existing expertise and lead to fruitful collaborations with other members of the faculty and TU Wien in general.
- PhD or doctoral degree in Computer Science or Business Informatics
- Postdoctoral experience at a university or other research institution
- Outstanding research and publication record
- Excellent reputation as an active member of the international scientific community
- Experience in raising research funds and managing scientific research projects
- Experience in university teaching
- Pedagogic and didactic skills
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Gender sensitivity and social skills
- Leadership skills
- Proficiency in German, or willingness to learn
- Experience in interdisciplinary research
- Excellent working conditions in an attractive research environment
- Attractive salary, including additional contributions to a pension fund
- Relocation assistance
- A position in a city with an exceptional quality of life
The work contract is initially limited to six years (€ 62,977.60 p.a.). The successful applicants and TU Wien can agree upon a tenure evaluation, which, when positive, opens the possibility to change the position to Associate Professor with an unlimited contract (€ 68,285.00 p.a.).
Applications have to be addressed to Prof. DI Mag. Dr. Gerti Kappel, Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, sent as a single PDF to email@example.com and include:
- A detailled curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- A letter of motivation
- A research statement: brief summary of past research activities, as well as a convincing outline of planned research activities, and an explanation of their contribution to the scientific profile of the Faculty of Informatics; 4-6 pages maximum; incl abstract
- A teaching statement: 2 pages maximum
- Copies of the applicant’s three most important publications related to the position together with an explanation of their relevance
- Certificates of doctoral and diploma degrees
Qualified people with special needs are encouraged to apply. In case of queries, please contact the representative of people with disabilities of TU Wien, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter (firstname.lastname@example.org). Child care breaks will be handled in the same manner as in the ERC regulations for principal investigators applying to the Starting Grant.
Please note that the legally binding announcement of this position can be found in TU Wien’s University Gazette .