Call for Papers: 2nd Schematic Mapping Workshop
April 11-12, 2019 – TU Wien, Vienna, Austria . . . .
* Submission deadline approaching: December 21, 2018
* Registration is now open.
* email: firstname.lastname@example.org
First held in 2014 at the University of Essex, UK, the multidisciplinary Schematic Mapping Workshop brings together researchers and practitioners working on schematic maps of transport networks, including computer scientists, cartographers, graphic designers, psychologists, transport professionals and more.
Submissions are invited on the following, or related topics concerning schematic mapping of transport networks:
- New methods and algorithms for automatic layout of schematic maps
- Theory of network schematics
- Methods for evaluating/measuring map quality
- Theoretical approaches to usability of schematic maps and its measurement
- Results of usability and user-experience studies of schematic maps
- Cross-cultural differences in designing and using schematic maps
- Schematic mapping implemented on portable devices
- The role of cognitive psychology in designing and understanding schematic maps
- Critiques of existing schematic maps
- New approaches to schematic mapping, such as use of atypical design rules
- Historical approaches to mapping transport systems
- The use of schematic maps beyond transit domains
We invite the following contributions, all will be submitted to peer review:
- *Regular papers* will present original research, submitted as a four-page manuscript. Accepted papers will be presented orally.
- *Posters* will present current projects or new techniques at an early stage of development, submitted as a two-page summary. Accepted posters will be exhibited at the workshop.
- *Designs* that implement fresh approaches to mapping are welcome, submitted as a one-page description plus image. Accepted designs will be exhibited at the workshop.
- *Position papers* will be solicited by the program committee, but proposals for these are welcome; please contact the organisers directly.
Accepted contributions will be made available electronically as a collection of preprints. Authors will retain copyright.
Submission deadline December 21, 2018 (Anywhere on Earth) Notification February 8, 2019 Final versions due March 8, 2019 Schematic Mapping Workshop April 11-12, 2019
Martin Nöllenburg, TU Wien, AT Georg Gartner, TU Wien, AT Maxwell Roberts, University of Essex, UK
Linden Ball, University of Central Lancashire, UK David Forrest, University of Glasgow, UK Elise Grison, Institute Français des Sciences et Technologies des Transports, FR Zhan Guo, New York University, USA Bernhard Jenny, Monash University, AU Alexander Klippel, Pennsylvania State University, USA Menno-Jan Kraak, University of Twente, NL Wouter Meulemans, TU Eindhoven, NL Daniel R. Montello, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA Sheila Pontis, Princeton University, USA and Sense Information Design Angela Schwering, WWU Münster, DE Alexander Wolff, University of Würzburg, DE
PDF / 190 KB / 2nd_schematic_mapping_workshop.pdf
Note: This is one of the thousands of items we imported from the old website. We’re in the process of reviewing each and every one, but if you notice something strange about this particular one, please let us know. — Thanks!