Austrian Computer Science Day 2015
The Austrian Computer Science Day (ACSD) is a yearly assembly which aims to bring together computer scientists across Austria.
TU Wien, Campus Karlsplatz
1040 Vienna, Karlsplatz 13
This year, the ACSD will be hosted by TU Wien in the Kuppelsaal on 15 October, 2015. The Heinz Zemanek Award, for outstanding dissertation in computer science and related areas, will be presented at the event, and distinguished speakers will present their work from a diverse range of subfields within Computer Science.
The Austrian Computer Science Day 2015 features a range of talks by leading Austrian computer scientists, including topics such as computer games, augmented reality, aware systems, semantic web, business processes, and reliable systems.
- Alois Ferscha (JKU Linz)
- Tom Henzinger (IST Austria)
- Magdalena Ortiz (TU Wien)
- Radu Prodan (Innsbruck)
- Stefanie Rinderle-Ma (Uni Wien)
- Dieter Schmalstieg (TU Graz)
- Emo Welzl (ETH Zuerich)
The program also includes
- Presentation of the OCG Incentive Award for outstanding degree theses in Informatics and Business Informatics to the winners Robert Bill for his thesis “Towards Software Model Checking in the Context of Model Driven Engineering” and Harald Beck for his thesis “Inconsistency Management for Traffic Regulations”
- Presentation of the program portfolio of the Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology
KICK-OFF EVENT, OCTOBER 14, 17:00 Festsaal TU Wien
Britta Schinzel (University of Freiburg) (joint with European Computer Science Summit)
Note: This is one of the thousands of items we imported from the old website. We’re in the process of reviewing each and every one, but if you notice something strange about this particular one, please let us know. — Thanks!