Finding an exciting thesis topic is crucial — after all, you will spend years of your life researching it. Typically a supervisor offers topics that fit into a larger research context within their group, like long-term vision, projects, or Doctoral Colleges. Your benefit in choosing one of these topics is that some may come with funding, and you can build on existing experience and infrastructure within an established research group.
Topics in TISS
Open topics are usually announced via TISS. To see all available doctoral thesis topics, please configure the TISS search form as follows (we unfortunately can’t provide a direct link):
- Visit tiss.tuwien.ac.at/thesis/theses.xhtml.
- Click the “Extended Search” button
- Set thesis type to “Dissertation”
- Set faculty to “Faculty of Informatics”
- Low Latency Machine Learning including 5G and Edge / Supervisor: Ivona Brandic
- ProbInG Project + DC SecInt / Supervisor: Ezio Bartocci
- Information Visualization and Visual Analytics / Supervisor: Silvia Miksch
You are a member of TU Wien Informatics, but prefer to not announce your topics in TISS? Simply send us an email with title, expiration date, supervisor name, and URL of additional information and we’ll add them here.
We are proud of every single candidate who graduates with us!
Here is a list of some of our most recent doctoral theses:
- Physical Object Identification and Authentication Applications / Doctoral Thesis by R. Schraml / Supervisor, Reviewer: A. Uhl, M. Gelautz; Department of Computer Sciences, University of Salzburg, 2021; oral examination: 2021-03-11
- A Multiagent Design Methodology for the Manufacturing Execution System Domain / Doctoral Thesis by S. Mansour-Duschet / Supervisor, Reviewer: B. Kittl, W. Kastner, A. Taudes; E 311-01, 2020; oral examination: 2020-12-11
- Cloud-Based Elasticity for Business Processes and Data Storage / Doctoral Thesis by P. Waibel / Supervisor, Reviewer: S. Schulte, J. Spillner, I. Weber; Institute of Information Systems Engineering, Distributed Systems Group, 2020; oral examination: 2020-12-11
- Automated Software Verification using Superposition-based Theorem Proving / Doctoral Thesis by B. Gleiss / Supervisor, Reviewer: L. Kovacs, S. Schulz; Institut for Logic and Computation, E192.04, 2020; oral examination: 2020-12-07
- Integrated HEX-Algorithms and Applications in Machine Learning / Doctoral Thesis by T. Kaminski / Supervisor, Reviewer: T. Eiter, N. Musliu; Institut für Logic and Computation, 2020; oral examination: 2020-12-01
The TU Wien Publication Database has the full list of all our completed doctoral theses.