Application Deadline: April 10, 2011
Open position: FULL PROFESSOR (TENURED) at the Faculty of Informatics
The Vienna University of Technology invites applications for a full professor position (tenured) at the Faculty of Informatics.
The successful candidate will have an outstanding research record in computer science, with primary expertise in at least one of the following sub-fields:
- Dependable Systems
- Real-time Systems
- Embedded Systems
- Cyber-physical Systems
- Model-based Design
- Safety and Security
- Hardware Architectures
The open position and its research group are affiliated with the Institute of Computer Engineering. The professor is expected to maintain the institute’s leading international role in research. The postion becomes vacant on the retirement of the present holder, Professor H. Kopetz, on 30 September 2011.
Besides research, the duties of a full professor at the Vienna University of Technology include teaching (in English or German) graduate and undergraduate courses of the informatics curricula and contributing to the management of the institute and the faculty.
We offer excellent working conditions in an attractive research environment in a city with an exceptional quality of living.
Applications should be sent to the Dean of the Faculty of Informatics (Prof. Dr. Gerald Steinhardt), Erzherzog-Johann-Platz 1/180, A-1040 Vienna, Austria. The application package should also be sent in digital form (a single pdf on a CD-ROM).
To actively support the search for candidates an international search committee has been formed. Researchers interested in this position may contact the chair of the search committee (Ulrich Schmid, email@example.com) or any member of the international search committee (who will act as a proxy towards TU Vienna to maintain anonymity) in case of additional questions.
International search committee members:
- Hagit Attiya; Technion, Israel; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jürgen Becker, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany; email@example.com
- Manfred Broy; TU Munich, Germany; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danny Dolev; Hebrew U., Israel; email@example.com
- Peter Druschel; MPI Saarbrücken, Germany; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas A. Henzinger; IST Austria, Austria; email@example.com
- Karama Kanoun; LAAS, France; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edward A. Lee; UC Berkeley, USA; email@example.com
- Keith Marzullo; UC San Diego, USA; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Krithi Ramamritham; IIT Bombay, India; email@example.com
- Michel Raynal; IRISA, France; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andre Schiper; EPFL, Switzerland; email@example.com
- Rick Schlichting; AT&T, USA; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fred B. Schneider; Cornell, USA ; email@example.com
- Lothar Thiele; ETHZ, Switzerland; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reinhard Wilhelm; Saarland U., Germany; email@example.com
- Willy Zwaenepoel; EPFL, Switzerland; firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailierte Ausschreibungsunterlagen / (PDF, Deutsch)PDF / 26.6 KB / TI_DS_de.pdf
Detailed announcement and information on how to apply / (PDF, English)PDF / 27.8 KB / TI_DS_en.pdf
Note: This is one of the thousands of items we imported from the old website. We’re in the process of reviewing each and every one, but if you notice something strange about this particular one, please let us know. — Thanks!