Assistant Professor with Tenure Track of Learning Technologies and eDidactics
We invite applications for this full-time assistant professorship with tenure track until April 27, 2023.
TU Wien is Austria’s largest institution of research and higher education in the fields of technology and natural sciences. With over 26,000 students and more than 4000 scientists, research, teaching and learning dedicated to the advancement of science and technology have been conducted here for more than 200 years, guided by the motto “Technology for People”. As a driver of innovation, TU Wien fosters close collaboration with business and industry and contributes to the prosperity of society.
The Faculty of Informatics at TU Wien invites applications for a full time Assistant Professor position with tenure track. The Faculty of Informatics seeks to expand its competence in Learning Technologies and eDidactics. The position is affiliated to the Institute of Information Systems Engineering. The estimated starting date is October, 2023. The work contract is initially limited to six years. The candidate and TU Wien can agree upon a tenure evaluation, which when positive, opens the possibility to change the position to Associate Professor with an unlimited contract.
TU Wien is among the most successful technical universities in Europe and it is Austria’s largest scientific-technical research and educational institution. The Faculty of Informatics, one of the eight faculties at TU Wien, plays an active role in national and international research and has an excellent reputation. The main areas of research include Computer Engineering, Logic and Computation, Visual Computing & Human-Centered Technology, as well as Information Systems Engineering.
The successful candidate will have an outstanding research and teaching record in the field of Learning Technologies and eDidactics, which deals with digital education and learning. This includes novel ways of designing, developing, applying and evaluating digital teaching and learning systems and approaches for all educational levels (from pre-school to university level). We are particularly interested in candidates working in areas that will complement our existing expertise and lead to collaborations with other members of the Faculty of Informatics, Center for Technology and Society (CTS), and TU Wien in general. The candidate will play an important leading role in the faculty’s and CTS’s outreach program to schools focusing on informatics education and computational thinking as well as to society, industry and academia.
The research areas of the candidate should cover some of the following topics but are not limited to them:
- Digital education and learning
- Technology-supported research-based teaching and learning
- Innovative digitalization of education including, among others, distance education and distance assessment, MOOC development and integration of MOOCs in education and academic teaching, e-learning platforms, inclusive and adaptive technologies, current and future technologies for education (mixed reality, artificial intelligence, …), hybrid/blended learning
- Innovative practices with learning and supporting technologies
- E-learning didactics, learner centered didactics, personalization
- Empirical education research
- Gender, diversity and ethical issues in digital education
- Learning analytics
- Society and technology related aspects of e-didactics
- Interdisciplinary approaches in e-didactics
For additional details and to enter the application process, please see the TU Wien Job Platform: