The Institute of Information Systems Engineering seeks to fill the open tenure-track position of an Assistant Professor of Distributed Systems.
About the Position
The successful candidate will have an outstanding research and teaching record in the field of Distributed Systems and in particular in the domain of Edge Computing, Edge AI, Cloud Computing and Internet of Things. In particular, we look for a candidate who is experienced in building large-scale distributed systems in the above domains and is also familiar and experienced with publishing in international publication outlets. Furthermore, experience in recent research in Machine Learning and Deep Learning is a plus.
The candidate should have experience in working with industry, relevant postdoctoral experience, and a compelling research vision. We are particularly interested in candidates working in areas that will complement our existing expertise and lead to fruitful collaborations with other members of the Faculty of Informatics and TU Wien in general.
Besides research, the duties of an Assistant Professor at TU Wien include graduate and undergraduate teaching (in English and German) as well as contributing to usual management and faculty service tasks.
- PhD or doctoral degree in Computer Science or Business Informatics
- Post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
- An outstanding research and publication record
- An excellent reputation as an active member of the international scientific community
- Experience in raising research funds and managing scientific research projects
- Experience in university teaching
- Excellent in written and spoken English
- Excellent in written and spoken German or willingness to quickly acquire German language skills
- Pedagogic and didactic skills
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Gender sensitivity and social skills
- Leadership skills
- Experience in interdisciplinary research
Salary and Benefits
The employment starts as University Assistant with a minimum salary of EUR 3,945.90 gross (14 x per year) according to the collective bargaining agreement for a PostDoc. After signing the qualification agreement, the employment continues as Assistant Professor with a minimum salary of EUR 4,666.30 gross (14 x per year).
- Excellent working conditions in an attractive research environment
- An attractive salary, including additional contributions to a pension fund
- Support for relocating to Vienna (if required)
- A position in a city with an exceptional quality of life
- Central location of workplace with very good accessibility (U1/U2/U4 Karlsplatz)
- Additional benefits for employees can be found in TU Wien’s Fringe-Benefit Catalogue
How to apply
Submit your application online at TU Wien’s job platform, including the following information:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A letter of motivation
- Certificates of doctoral and diploma degrees
- A teaching statement: 2 pages maximum
- A research statement: brief summary of past research activities, as well as a convincing outline of planned research activities, and an explanation of their contribution to the scientific profile of the Faculty of Informatics; 4-6 pages maximum; incl. abstract
- A list of publications and copies of the applicant’s three most important publications related to the position together with an explanation of their relevance
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour. People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Gerhard Neustätter.
We’re here to help
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!