At the Institute of Information Systems Engineering, the position of a Full Professor of Enterprise and Process Engineering with permanent (full-time) contractual employment is to be filled as of March 1, 2022. This is a professorship regulated by § 98 of the Austrian 2002 Universities Act (UG).
About the Position
The position as professor for Enterprise and Process Engineering has been allocated in TU Wien’s development plan to the focal area Information & Communication Technology. The Faculty of Informatics, one of TU Wien’s eight faculties, plays an active role in national and international research and has an excellent reputation. The main areas of research are Computer Engineering, Logic and Computation, Visual Computing & Human-Centered Technology, and Information Systems Engineering.
The successful candidate will have an outstanding research and teaching record in the field of Business Informatics and in particular in the areas of Enterprise Engineering and Business Process Management. Business Informatics is an academic discipline that deals with information processes and the associated phenomena in a socio-economic context.
At TU Wien, Business Informatics is considered as an engineering discipline, which mainly dedicates itself to analyzing, designing, implementing, and evaluating all kinds of information systems. Accordingly, the successful candidate is well positioned in the research community of Information Systems/Business Informatics and conducts constructive research rather than behavior research.
Core Research Areas
All applications in the area of Enterprise Engineering and Business Process Management that contribute to TU Wien’s focus on Business Informatics will be considered. The following non-exhaustive list highlights some potential research topics of a successful candidate:
- Enterprise Architecture
- Enterprise Modeling
- Enterprise Governance and Transformation
- Enterprise Information Systems
Business Process Management
- Workflow Systems and Technologies
- Process Modeling
- Process Mining
- Agile Processes
- Process Provenance, Auditing and Transparency
Besides research, the duties of a full Professor at TU Wien include graduate and undergraduate teaching (in German and English) as well as contributing to usual management and faculty service tasks.
- Completed doctoral or PhD studies in the field of Computer Science or a related area from a domestic or equivalent foreign university or research institution
- The qualification for teaching at university level (venia docendi) acquired at a domestic or equivalent foreign university or an academic qualification recognisable as being equivalent to the venia docendi
- Outstanding scientific reputation, proven by publications in internationally prestigious scientific conferences and journals, patents, awards, scientific lectures, editorial and scientific expert work, organization of conferences etc.
- Excellent reputation as an active member of the international scientific community
- Experience in the acquisition, execution and management of research projects
- The ability and willingness to manage a research group
- Pedagogic and didactic suitability for academic teaching in German and English
- Experience in the supervision of scientific work of students, such as bachelor, diploma and master theses as well as dissertations
- Ideally, the prospective position holder has social and gender competence or experience in the promotion of young researchers and the advancement of female students/colleagues/employees.
- It is expected that the future holder of the position will shift his/her centre of life to Vienna (on-site presence)
- In case there is no adequate knowledge of German, willingness to quickly learn German is presupposed for teaching in bachelor programs and in management of the institute and the faculty as well as in university bodies
Salary and Benefits
Classification in the A1 category of the collective bargaining agreement for employees of universities and a full-time minimum salary of EUR 74.503,80 gross annual is provided. In addition, a company pension scheme (pension fund and employee benefit fund) will be set up, so that personnel benefits will increase by a total of 11.53%. A higher salary depending on qualifications and experience is categorically a subject of appointment negotiations.
- Excellent working conditions in an attractive research environment
- Attractive salary, a company pension scheme additional to the national social insurance, other additional benefits (see also: Fringe-Benefit Catalogue of TU Wien)
- Financial support of research activities in the first years (equipment endowment etc.)
- Support in moving to Vienna (if required)
- Dual career advice (if required): we offer partners and families of the university professors appointed to TU Wien various support opportunities tailored to their individual situation
- A cooperative environment in a city with an extraordinarily high quality of life
How to apply
Submit your application online at TU Wien’s job platform, including the following information:
- Detailed curriculum vitae (complete with professional and academic background)
- Detailed motivation letter
- Presentation of previous academic activities including a list of publications, a survey of research and development projects carried out and of funding/grants raised, a list of patents, awards, editorial and scientific expert work, organized conferences etc.
- Copies of the five most important publications related to the position together with an explanation of their relevance
- List of lecturing and teaching activities evidenced by a list of the university courses held so far including also a list of supervised scientific works of students (such as bachelor theses, master theses, and doctoral theses) and a list of invited lectures
- Research and teaching concept with considerations on the future positioning and further development of the field of Enterprise and Process Engineering
- Relevant certificates and official letters should be uploaded under the category “+Add more documents”.
- We kindly ask you to download the data sheet “Enterprise and Process Engineering” and upload it filled in under the category “+Add more documents”.
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour. People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Gerhard Neustätter.
We’re here to help
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
For information on the application process:
For information related to the position:
For information on appointment services:
PDF / 768 KB / EPE-145775.pdf