We seek to expand our competence in Learning Technologies and eDidactics. The open position is affiliated to the Institute of Information Systems Engineering. Estimating starting date is July 1, 2021.
The research areas of the successful candidate should cover some of the following topics:
- digital education and learning
- technology-supported research-based teaching and learning
- innovative digitalization of education including, among others, distance education and distance assessment, MOOC development and integration of MOOCs in education and academic teaching, e-learning platforms, inclusive and adaptive technologies
- future technologies for education (mixed reality, artificial intelligence)
- hybrid/blended learning
- innovative practices with learning and supporting technologies
- e-learning didactics, learner centred didactics, personalization
- empirical education research
- sustainable education
- gender, diversity and ethical issues
- learning analytics
The successful candidate will have an outstanding research and teaching record in the field of Learning Technologies and eDidactics, which deals with digital education and learning. This includes novel ways of designing, developing, applying and evaluating digital teaching and learning systems and approaches for all educational levels (from pre-school to university level).
- PhD or doctoral degree in Computer Science or Business Informatics
- Post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
- Outstanding research and publication record
- Pedagogic and didactic skills
- Gender sensitivity and social skills
- Excellent reputation as an active member of the international scientific community
- Experience in raising research funds and managing scientific research projects
- Experience in university teaching
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Proficiency in German, or willingness to learn
- Leadership skills
- Experience in interdisciplinary research
Besides research, the duties of an Assistant Professor at TU Wien include graduate and undergraduate teaching (in English or German).
We expect the successful candidate to actively contribute to usual management and faculty service tasks.
We are particularly interested in candidates working in areas that will complement our existing expertise and lead to collaborations with other members of the Faculty of Informatics and TU Wien in general. The candidate will also be expected to play an important role in the faculty’s outreach program to schools focusing on informatics education and computational thinking.
- Excellent working conditions in an attractive research environment
- Attractive salary and additional contributions to a pension fund
- Relocation assistance
- Career in a city with an exceptional quality of life
- Dual career service
- TU Kindergarten, TU summer camps, and childcare during holidays
The work contract is initially limited to six years (€64,394.40 p.a.). The successful candidate and TU Wien can agree upon a tenure evaluation, which, when positive, opens the possibility to change the position to Associate Professor with an unlimited contract (€69,820.80 p.a.).
Application deadline is January 13, 2021. Applications (in English), addressed to the faculty’s Dean, to be sent as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research statement: a brief summary of past research activities, a convincing outline of planned research activities, and an explanation of their contribution to the scientific profile of the Faculty of Informatics; 4-6 pages, incl. abstract
- Teaching statement (max. 2 pages)
- Detailed curriculum vitæ
- List of publications
- Letter of motivation
- Copies of the candidate’s three most important publications related to the position, incl. an explanation of their relevance
- Certificates of doctoral and diploma degrees
TU Wien’s Commitment
Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to female applicants when equally qualified. People with special needs are encouraged to apply (contact person Gerhard Neustätter, email@example.com). Parental leave conditions follow the ERC Regulations for Principal Investigators (Starting Grant).
PDF / 75.2 KB / job-01201-text.pdf
PDF / 1.21 MB / job-01201-web.pdf
- Official Job Posting in TU Wien’s Gazette
- TU Wien Informatics – Facts & Figures
- TU Wien Informatics – Living in Vienna