This full-time position is affiliated to the Institute of Visual Computing and Human-Centered Technology. The estimated starting date is in May 2020.
PDF / 7.03 MB / 2019-10-VC.pdf
The focus of this professorship lies on Mobile Vision. It combines methods of deep and machine learning, machine vision, and mobile robotics in order to equip mobile units with the ability to see and to perceive, to make decisions, and to perform reactive planning. Within this realm, all areas of mobile vision will be considered, such as, for example, multimodal sensor interfaces and data fusion methods, context-awareness, mobile 3D vision and scene analysis, visual sur- veying and autonomous vehicle-vision sensor systems.
The successful candidate will have an outstanding research and teaching record in the field of mobile vision. Besides relevant postdoctoral activities, the candidate will have experience in working with industry and a compelling research vision. We are particularly interested in candidates who work in areas that will complement our existing expertise.
- PhD or doctoral degree in Computer Science or Business Informatics
- Post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
- An outstanding research and publication record
- An excellent reputation as an active member of the international scientific community
- Experience in raising research funds and managing scientific research projects
- Experience in university teaching
- Pedagogic and didactic skills
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Gender sensitivity and social skills
- Leadership skills
- Proficiency in German, or willingness to learn
- Experience in interdisciplinary research
- Excellent working conditions in an attractive research environment
- An attractive salary, including additional contributions to a pension fund
- Relocation assistance
- A position in a city with an exceptional quality of life
The employment starts as University Assistant with an annual minimum salary of € 53,254.60 gross according to the collective bargaining agreement for a PostDoc. After signing the qualification agreement, the employment is as Assistant Professor with an annual minimum salary of € 62,977.60.
Applications have to be addressed to Prof. Dr. Hannes Werthner, Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, sent as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A detailled curriculum vitae
- A list of publications
- A letter of motivation
- A research statement: brief summary of past research activities, as well as a convincing outline of planned research activities, and an explanation of their contribution to the scientific profile of the Faculty of Informatics; 4-6 pages maximum; incl abstract
- A teaching statement: 2 pages maximum
- Copies of the applicant’s three most important publications related to the position together with an explanation of their relevance
- Certificates of doctoral and diploma degrees
TU Wien is committed to increasing female employment in leading scientific positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to female applicants when equally qualified. People with special needs with appropriate qualifications are encouraged to apply. In case of queries, please contact the representative of people with disabilities of TU Wien, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter (email@example.com). Child care breaks will be handled in the same manner as in the ERC regulations for principal investigators applying to the Starting Grant.
Please note that the legally binding announcement of this position can be found in TU Wien’s University Gazette.