Full Professor (tenured) in Parallel Computing
Announcement of an open position at the Faculty of Informatics, Vienna University of Technology
The successful candidate will establish her/his own group conducting research and teaching in the area of parallel computing. Research and teaching experiences are expected to include several of the following topics:
- The design, analysis and implementation of efficient (including general purpose) parallel algorithms.
- The design and optimization of effective programming languages, models and methods for parallel programs.
- The design and analysis of parallel and high performance computing systems, such as SMP, cluster, and multi-core systems.
- The development of algorithms and environments for parallel-, cluster- and multi-core computing.
- Integration of parallel computing systems to modern infrastructures such as grids and clouds.
- Programming environments (including tools for semi- or automatic parallelization) for efficient development of parallel programs.
The applicant should have demonstrated her/his ability to apply the above methods in various areas of Computational Science and Engineering such as e-science and simulation.
June 15, 2009
A more detailed announcement and information on how to apply can be found at http://www.informatik.tuwien.ac.at/PC.pdf
- Announcement, and applications details
Note: This is one of the thousands of items we imported from the old website. We’re in the process of reviewing each and every one, but if you notice something strange about this particular one, please let us know. — Thanks!